Fitness and Nutrition Go Hand in Hand


When I first decided to get serious about weight loss and physical fitness, I learned many things the hard way. I learned that you have to both exercise and eat right to lose weight effectively, you have to combine aerobics with weight training, and of course, that once you get fit, you have to maintain that fitness. The most important thing I think I learned of all, however, is that fitness and nutrition go hand in hand.
I tried at first to continue my poor eating habits, and just hit the weights really hard and jog, and I figured this would be a good way to be happy and get fit at the same time. I soon discovered, however, that I really felt good after I was done working out, but horrible before I started. I would have heartburn or feel sluggish. It was then that I first got an inkling that fitness and nutrition have to be used in tandem to work, because the opposite does not work, either.
A friend of mine absolutely hates to work out. She said she did not like to get all sweaty and sore and said she would rather just try to watch what she ate. She planned out this whole diet program for herself where she was eating more fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. She also picked up on her calcium intake, as well, with yogurt and non-fat milk, because she read that increasing your calcium intake can help with weight loss as well.
I tried to explain to her the whole "fitness and nutrition go together" concept, but she would not hear any of it, and continued on with her original plan. She started losing weight, but she felt run down and learned from her doctor that weight was not all that she was losing. While she was losing fat, she was also losing muscle as well. She even admitted that her skin was getting saggy and she needed to start toning up. I asked her how she was going to do that, and she begrudgingly admitted she would start exercising.
Fitness and nutrition must go together in order for a person to become healthy. One may achieve temporary success with weight loss by doing one or the other, but it will not come as quickly or be as effective as the two combined. I have been doing both for a number of years and had reaped the advantages from them. I simply could not imagine doing one without the other and I try to stress to everyone that asks me about physical fitness and weight loss that fitness and nutrition are the best way to address both issues.
Read more about author at:
Metabolism Boosting Foods [http://metabolismboostingfoodsx.com/]


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire